COACHING PROGRAM FOR FRENCH-SPEAKING IMMIGRANT ENTREPRENEURS ON PEI
This program aims to reinforce the capacity of French-speaking immigrant entrepreneurs to better integrate themselves into the local business community and thereby optimize their participation in the Island’s economic development.
- A greater number of French-speaking immigrant entrepreneurs are in business on the Island.
- The business community is more aware and open to the integration of immigrant business people.
- French-speaking immigrant entrepreneurs have greater chances of succeeding in their business project.
Reinforcement of entrepreneurial capacities
- Development of entrepreneurship skills among immigrants (information sessions on local business opportunities, business succession and support programs available to businesses).
- Basic training in entrepreneurship with a component on the local business culture.
- Matching immigrant entrepreneur with one or more coaches (4-6 months), based on a needs assessment of the person.
- Training on specific entrepreneurship themes with experts in the field (Examples: accounting, business law, financial management, marketing, human resources, etc.)
- Training on employability with a component focusing on the culture of the local workplace;
- Links with other programs and services offered to entrepreneurs (Example: Futurpreneur Canada) and for employability (Exemple: Jobs PEI).
- Networking support (sharing of information and participation support for events for the Anglophone and Francophone business community and for the PEI Connectors Program).
- Organization of an annual diploma ceremony for immigrants having participated in the program, along with dignitaries, media and family.